HOWTO: Create a calendar in your shared Public Folders
Many companies can benefit from the use of shared calendars for items such as Company Holidays or vacation leave planning.
By centralizing all of the vacation plans, for instance, into one calendar the company can arrange coverage more easily and know who will be in at any given time just by opening the Company Vacation Calendar.
CREATE A PUBLIC FOLDER CALENDAR
- Log into Outlook and open your Company's Public Folder folder. (If none exists or you don't have permission to use it, have your admin account holder create one in your control panel. It's available at our control panel and give yourself permission to use it through the Manage Permissions button in the Link2Exchange control panel.)
- Right-click on the Public Folder and click New Folder.
- Under Name, type the name you want to give this calendar (for example, 'Company Vacations').
- Under folder contains, select Calendar Items.
- Click OK.
- Move any appointments you want to put in this folder into it or create new entries. (You can use import/export of another calendar to do this, if desired.)
creating shared calendar outlook public folders
Managing your Public Folders in the Link2Exchange Control Panel
HOWTO: Create and/or share a contact list in your shared Public Folders
HOWTO: Add a file (not attached to an email message) into your Public Folders
Document Created: Nov 12 2004 2:09PM by: Scott Heffner, last updated: Aug 7 2006 2:54PM - Q1125